Friday 11 December 2009

1st script for i wish you wern't a genie

INT. MEDIA HALLWAY DAY

LUKE is walking through the corridor and stops at a classroom, staring admiringly at OLIVIA in the room who is acting

[Sits down and plays on his psp]

OLIVIA comes out and he stands up to speak to her, she ignores him and walks away.
She drops a lamp and LUKE picks it up. He stares at the lamp for a minute and looks up to see she’s gone.

LUKE
Argh! I wish I wasn’t such a loser!
[hangs his head]

GENIE
Is that an official wish?

LUKE
What... Who are you –?

GENIE
Oh! Hi I’m Genie, and that’s (points at lamp) my lamp
[Goes to shake his hand]

LUKE
[confused]
Right... if you say so

GENIE
No really, I’m your Genie now Luke

LUKE
[A bit weary]
How do you know my name?

GENIE
I told you! I’m a genie

LUKE
Yeah okay whatever
[turns to walk away]

GENIE
So why do you think you’re such a loser?

LUKE
What? How did you –

GENIE smiles

LUKE
[Shakes his head/rolls his eyes and walks out]

The GENIE runs out after him

GENIE
Wait! Wait! I can prove it, name something you want right now...

LUKE
Look, i don’t –

GENIE
Just do it!

LUKE
Okay then... i want... a chocolate bar

The GENIE makes a chocolate bar appear

LUKE
[Fascinated]
Wow...



EXT. IN SCHOOL. DAY

LUKE and GENIE are walking around together talking

LUKE
So after you grant someone a wish, you have to leave them?

GENIE
Yeahh, it’s quite emotional sometimes. Enough about me though, what are you going to wish for?

LUKE
Well... There’s this girl...
[Smiling and thinking to himself]
She’s really cool, and so beautiful. But I don’t think she even knows i exist.
She’s so kind and gentle, and has the most stunning smile! I’d love to just walk up to her one day and tell her that I –

[LUKE bumps into OLIVIA and knocks her books on the floor]

OLIVIA
Well pick them up then!

LUKE picks up the books and hands them back to her smiling but she takes them and walks off]

GENIE
Who was that!?
[Gives girl dirty look]

LUKE
Olivia!

GENIE looks shocked and slightly confused

GENIE
That’s the girl you like? Well she looked right through you so maybe we should make you noticeable to her first! I know just the thing...



INT. IN A ROOM. DAY

GENIE gives LUKE a mini makeover, removing his glasses, cutting his hair etc.
They also laugh and joke together, playing psp,

LUKE comes out with his new look

GENIE
Wow! You look... great
[Something in her facial expression suggests that she likes LUKE]

LUKE
Really, do you think she’ll like it? I mean... like me?

GENIE
She’d be mad not to
[Her tone goes quite poignant]




EXT. IN PLAYGROUND. DAY

LUKE walks towards OLIVIA, and looks back at the Genie and she gives him a thumbs up but once he looks away her facial expression saddens

LUKE
[Clears his throat]
Olivia...

OLIVIA
Yeah...

LUKE
I erm... wanted to say –

OLIVIA
[Looks at psp]
What’s that?

LUKE
Oh its my psp, you wanna play?
[He smiles]

OLIVIA
Erm, No! That’s so nerdy!

LUKE reacts to this and suddenly looks towards the genie who is sitting alone on a bench.

LUKE
You know what... I gotta ...
[He walks away from OLIVIA and goes over to the Genie]

LUKE
Genie! I’m ready to make my wish!

GENIE
[Looks sad and is hesitant to grant the wish]
Oh. Are you sure... You don’t wanna wait and s –

LUKE
No no... i know exactly what to wish for

GENIE
Okay... go for it
[Looks down and gets ready to grant the wish]

LUKE
I wish you weren’t a genie!

GENIE
Wha...
[She looks up at him and smiles – they both realise they like each other]

INT. CLASSROOM. DAY

LUKE is sitting at his desk waiting for lesson to start. There is a shot of a girl’s feet as she walks into the room, the camera tilts up to reveal GENIE. She takes her seat next to LUKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment